• Director: Yann Buchwalter, originally
from the Libournais near Bordeaux, this winemaker’s son, who studied oenology,
honed his expertise in the vineyards of South Africa and Argentina. He spent 15
years as manager of various properties for a prestigious group in the Médoc,
before returning to the Right Bank of the Gironde. Yann Buchwalter is the
director of operations and manager at Château Péby Faugères, Château Faugères,
Château Cap de Faugères and Château Rocheyron. He sees himself as an exponent
of the winemaker’s art who gives his all in the quest for excellence on the
great terroir of Faugères.
• Vine manager: Jean-Claude Salès
is the chief winegrower and has 34 years' experience. Having joined the estate 19 years ago, he knows the vineyard well: indeed he grew up in the district.
• Cellar master: Sandra Goffre, an engineer-oenologist, c
ame to the company 8 years ago to work with the previous cellar master. Since then she has taken over, after gaining experience in vinification in South Africa and California.
• Commercial manager: Antoine Michel.
• Office staff: Aline, accounts secretary, Valérie, commercial and communication assistant, Claire, commercial and administrative secretary
• The vineyard team
• The wine cellar team
• Karima: receptionist, cook and maintenance.